REASONS FOR DATA COLLECTION
From time to time, you may be required to provide information ("Data") to Attez in order to use or subscribe to certain services or make online purchases. Additional site use Data may be gathered as you navigate our web sites. This Data is gathered for the following main purposes:
- To establish your identity - for these purposes, contact information such as, name, correspondence and e-mail addresses will be collected from you during the registration process.
- To process online purchase with Attez - contact information, credit card details and other payment related information may be obtained.
- To subscribe to services and support - this Data comprises contact information, credit card details or other payment related information, as well as the services or support requested by you. This Data is also used to provide you with product and service updates and similar notices in respect of the services provided by Attez.
- To post messages on the bulletin boards, submit posting to our chat areas or answer a survey - email addresses or names will be collected.
- To tailor our service to your needs - information on service use may be used to compile aggregate statistics and carry out analysis in order to help us create content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly to users.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including contacting you directly to inform you of new services or opportunities.
Whilst Attez endeavors to adhere to our strictest guidelines and select only reputable partners in providing the service, our privacy protection does not cover Data that you provide directly to third parties (including but not limited to buyers/sellers in online auctions, on-line merchants sites, other hyper linked website). Attez advises you to consult with the relevant parties before providing any data.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA COLLECTED
You acknowledge and authorize that all Data supplied by you will be retained by Attez and stored in one or more of our databases. Attez will maintain full control over and safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality all Data in these database and will NOT release to third parties except the following:
- Authorized employees of Attez who have received proper training on the handling of customer information.
- Third party service providers in providing support services including but not limited to administrative, installation, telecommunications, computer, payment gateway, insurance, financing, and other professional services. These providers are contractually required to comply with requisite privacy standards.
- Credit reference or debt collection agency or similar provider of debt collection or credit information services to Attez for purpose of credit reporting, verification and risk management.
- Any person by whom Attez is required to make disclosure by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements.
- Any of Attez's actual or proposed assignees or transferees of Attez's rights during company's re-construction, re-organization or other similar situations.
- Persons whom you transact with through our service such as online merchants, any banking, financial or other institutions.
You further acknowledge that third parties to whom Data supplied by you may be transferred in accordance with above may be situated outside Hong Kong.
USER PREFERENCES / OPT-OUT
Attez provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving unsolicited communications from Attez from time to time and/or at the time of registration. In addition, if at any point in the future you do not wish to receive any unsolicited communications from Attez, simply contact our customer relations by email, phone or in writing and our customer relations will remove you from our contact list for the purposes of those communications. Attez would retain your contact details for use only for customer service purposes, such as unavailability of our service for any other reason, or where you have subscribed to a particular service, updates or information in relation to that service.
COLLECTION OF DATA USING 'COOKIES'
Attez may use "cookies" to collect Data on the usage of our service by users and to facilitate return visits. A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a web server to be stored on a webbrowser so it can later be read back from that browser. The Data collected from cookies is currently used to improve the functionality of our service. The Data on our service is organized and presented based on our analysis of the aggregate usage of our service. Cookies are also useful in allowing more streamlined log-in, tracking of transactions and in preserving Data between sessions.
You may disable the cookie feature on your browser without affecting your ability to transact business on our web sites. Cookies do, however, enable many convenience features of our service. Disabling cookies may require more complexity and data entry. You should also be aware that if you do disable cookies you may not be able to use certain features on our web sites.
Attez is concerned with the security of Data collected and has put in place measures to prevent unauthorized access to that Data. Attez's systems safeguard electronic communications by utilising appropriate security protocols for authentication and authorisation, including SSL, encryption, firewalls and data duplication. Notwithstanding the above, Attez shall not in any event be responsible for any breach whatsoever of security or the unauthorised disclosure or use of any such Data.
PERIOD OF RETENTION
Your Data will be retained for a period necessary to attain the specified purpose.
- to check whether we hold any of your Data,
- to have access to your Data held by Attez,
- to request correction of your Data,
- to ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to the Data and the types of Data held by us,
- to disallow access or use of your Data by Attez, and be informed of action taken in response to any such request. Attez reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee in relation to the time and attendance involved in complying with any request in this regard.